Imagine a world with us where every tragedy was met with a helping hand.
For the month of February we will highlight our partners working towards bringing aid to people in tragedy or crisis. We are so excited to share about these 2 amazing organizations that we believe wholeheartedly in. We hope that you will enjoy this month learning about how we can support people bringing aid to conflict areas.
For each organization, there are a couple necklaces that support them. Every time this necklace is sold $5 goes directly to making a difference in that organization.
Love Does currently has projects in Nepal, Somalia, Uganda, India and Iraq. Love Does sees a need or someone is crisis and has created projects because love does that kind of stuff. We are so excited to tell you more about them and the places they work.
In Uganda, Love Does runs three different projects. The first being safe homes, they have two safe houses in the capital of Uganda for underage, sexually abused and exploited girls. The second project being their primary and secondary school in Northern Uganda with 500 students. Third being, a project called Launch that provides assistance to the people who have graduated through their school.
In India, Love Does works to fight trafficking in India through investigations, surveillance, brothel raids, and working with local law enforcement to conduct raids on brothels with underage children, arrest the perpetrators and traffickers, rescue the children and place them in safe houses.
In Nepal, Love Does opened a home for young, orphaned girls to actually experience what it's like to be welcomed into a family and loved like one as well.
In Iraq, Love Does has a school providing education to 70 students and will continue to grow. This school is an English language school and also an after school program. Love Does is also working on supporting people living in refugee camps who have fled ISIS.
In Somalia, Love Does opened up a safe house for women who are victims of gender based violence. The home has become a refuge for the women where they are able to come for safety, medical attention, counseling and therapy. In addition we provide them with job training skills to help build their lives back.
Check out more on their website.
Preemptive Love is on the front lines of places experiencing conflict and war.
Their heart is to meet these conflict areas with love that goes beyond any borders, walls, or barriers we try to put up. Where no one else goes, they go.
They are lending a helping hand to people fleeing war zones. They are doing this in 6 ways.
1) Life Saving Heart Surgery. Violence unmakes communities and healthcare systems, leaving children born with life-threatening heart defects exposed and vulnerable. PL provides lifesaving heart surgeries to children born in conflict-zones and thousands of hours of hands-on training for local medical teams so they can be the remedy long after they're gone.
2) Emergency Relief. ISIS has displaced and victimized tens of thousands of men, women, and children across Iraq. PL provides emergency food, shelter, and supplies to those families on the run and lifesaving support to those still behind enemy lines. PL's programs ensure ISIS won’t have the final word.
3) Empowerment Grants. For the tens of thousands victimized by ISIS, they don’t need a hand-out, they need a hand-up. PL changes the way the world engages polarizing conflict by empowering victims and turning them into small business owners, employers, and sustainable sources of revenue and hope for their families and local community.
4) Education for at-risk children. Every day, children in conflict-zones are exposed to violence, sexual predators, extremist ideologies, and unsafe working conditions. PL puts children back in the classroom, protecting them from every-day risks and opening them up to every-day opportunities for education and a future.
5) Peacemaking in Conflict-Zones. Peace isn't just the absence of war. It's the presence of restored relationships once the gunfire stops. PL steps into active conflict-zones and create space for ongoing dialogues about the root causes of conflict, grievances, and opportunities for forgiveness and reconciliation in the political, religious, and social sector.
6) Counsel Policymakers. Peace may happen in the big moments, but it's waged in the small ones. PL is actively providing counsel and guidance to policymakers and global influencers who have the ability to help change the way the world engages polarizing conflict-zones, by choosing to love anyway, show up, and get out of the way.
To learn more go to their website.