We are happy to announce our partnership with Abide Family Center
. Abide Family Center is based in Jinja, Uganda and their chief goal is to equip families with sustainable income so that they can keep families together rather than having children be placed in Orphanages.
Harriet's Story from Abide Family Center on Vimeo.
Here is a brief excerpt from their website:
Our goal is to reduce the number of children in orphanages in Uganda. Abide family Center firmly believes that poverty should never be the reason children are separated from their families.
We offer family preservation services through:
Intake and investigation into cases of at-risk families for placing orphaned and vulnerable children (OVCs) in orphanages
Direct services to at-risk families:
1. Case management by trained social workers
2. Emergency and transitional housing for a maximum of three months
3. Early childhood education for OVCs 0 - 6 years of age
4. Business classes for care givers with certificates upon graduation
5. Small grants for business class graduates
6. Pastoral counseling and Bible studies with our full-time pastor
7. Parenting Discussion Group for care givers currently in our programs